Strawberry Spinach Salad
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh red onion, minced
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds
Shake together in a jar and refrigerate. Keeps in the fridge for one week.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 big bag (9 ounces) fresh spinach
- 1 cup whole pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
Place butter in a skillet. Toast pecans in butter for a couple of minutes on medium heat. Be careful! Do not burn the nuts! Let the nuts cool a bit. When ready to serve, toss spinach, strawberries and pecans together in a big bowl. Drizzle with some, not all, of the dressing. The extra dressing keeps in the fridge for about a week.