Recipe executed on Fox 8 News In The Morning by Fox 8's Patty Harken.
2-3 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
1 bag of coleslaw
2 packages of slivered almonds
3 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
2 packages ramen-type noodles
3 tablespoons oil
3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
4 1/2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
4 1/2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare dressing and set aside.
- Smash noodles (discard seasoning packet) and brown over medium heat in 3tbs oil.
- Once noodles have started to slightly brown, add slivered almonds.
- Once noodles have turned a dark golen brown, remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine coleslaw, chicken and sunflower seeds ina large bowl.
- Add the noodle/almond mixture and stir well.
- Add dressing and stir to coat.