This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Recipe by Chef Steve Schimoler, owner of Crop Bistro
- 2 large sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 pint shitake and portabello mushrooms, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked & diced
- salt & pepper
- 1 egg
- Dice and simmer potatoes until soft.
- Melt butter is pan.
- Add potatoes, peppers and mushrooms. Toss well.
- Add cooked bacon.
- Season with rosemary, thyme, salt & pepper.
- Cook on medium without stirring 3-4 minutes until brown.
- Stir, continue to cook until mixture is caramelized.
- Serve with fried egg on top.