But the Loretta Paganini School of Cooking is offering some fun virtual classes including online cooking classes, live interactive private classes, and virtual book club gatherings with themed take-out related to the book.
The school plans to resume in-person classes on May 21.
Instructor Stefanie Paganini shared a delicious pasta recipe on FOX 8 News in the Morning.
Butterfly Pasta Primavera
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped finely
- 2 zucchini, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 carrots, peeled & chopped (can use matchstick)
- 6 asparagus stalks, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. fresh basil, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb. bowtie pasta
- 1 tsp. Italian parsley, minced
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a 12-inch sauté pan. Add all vegetables to the sauté pan. Cook over medium heat for 7 minutes.
- Add wine and broth. Cook at high heat for 10-15 minutes to reduce sauce. Add basil, oregano, and half the parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring a 12-quart pot of water to a boil. Add salt, then pasta and cook until “al dente”.
- Drain pasta and toss with sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley and remaining cheese, and serve.