This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Horseradish Crusted Salmon with Herbed Creme Fraiche and Cucumbers
Recipe from Chef Brandon Chrostowski, Chef & Owner of "Edwins Restaurant"
- 4 (6 Ounce) Filets
- Salt and Pepper
- Horseradish Crust, recipe below
- 24 Oz Crème Fraiche, available in most specialty stores.
- Mixture of 1 ½ Tablespoons each of the following chopped fine, Celery Leaves, Dill and Parsley
- 1 English Cucumber, cut in half, sliced thin on a mandoline
- Liberally season salmon with salt and pepper. Place on a cookie sheet that has been brushed with vegetable oil and place under the broiler. Cook for 4 minutes, turn over and top with a horseradish crust. Cook for 4 for minutes or until desired internal temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sized skillet, warm the Crème Fraiche, herbs and cucumber. Turn off heat when warmed through. Season with salt and pepper.
- To Plate: Place a mound of cucumbers in the middle of the plate. Pour sauce around the cucumbers. Place the salmon, crust side up on top of the cucumbers.
For the Horseradish Crust:
- 3 Cups of bread crumbs
- 2 ounces of salmon
- ½ pound of butter, cubed, at room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 4 Tablespoons of prepared horseradish
- Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl or in a kitchen aid, using the paddle attachement.
- On some parchment paper, use a rolling pin to form into a square a ¼ inch thick. Cut into pieces large enough to cover the top of the salmon filets. Any leftover can be frozen for future use.