CLEVELAND, Ohio -- It is National Coffee Day. And to celebrate, many coffee and donuts shops are giving away free cups of coffee.
Dunkin' Donuts is among those celebrating the big day.
They stopped by Fox 8 News in the Morning on Tuesday to talk about the day and to share a delicious coffee recipe.
Hazelnut Cappuccino Blondies
- 1 stick unsalted butter (4 oz.), melted
- ¼ cup Dunkin’ Donuts Coffee, ground (great with Dunkin’ Donuts Original Blend)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla or hazelnut extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup hazelnuts, chopped (optional, best done in a food processor)
- Combine all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl.
- In a second bowl, combine melted butter, light brown sugar, and ground Dunkin’ Donuts Columbian Coffee.
- Add both eggs and extract to the sugar mixture and blend well.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir until it is just combined. If using hazelnuts, add them to the batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8”x8” baking pan and bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes, or when a cake tester come out clean from the center of the blondie.
- Let fully cool before cutting your blondies into pieces.
- Drizzle the blondies with hazelnut latte ganache and enjoy!
Hazelnut Latte Ganache
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- 3 fl oz Dunkin' Donuts hazelnut swirl latte (can also substitute 3 oz. brewed coffee combined w/ 1 tsp. sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla or hazelnut extract to achieve the same flavor)
- Pour chocolate chips and latte into a large microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave in 30 second intervals until completely smooth.
- Drizzle over blondies.