Grilled Vegetable Tapenade
Recipe from Certified Executive Chef John Selick from University Hospitals Ahuja Medical Center
Chef Selick is one of the featured chefs at the upcoming Autism Speaks Cleveland Chefs Gala. Celebrity chefs Michael Symon and Mario Batali will also be featured. For more information, click here.
- Zucchini, quartered and seeded
- Yellow squash, quartered and seeded
- Red onion, 1/4” rings
- Red pepper, halved and seeded
- Green pepper, halved and seeded
- ½ Eggplant, peeled & sliced ¼ inch
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup capers, rinsed & chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil (to taste)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Lemon juice (to taste)
- Combine all vegetables with 1st listed Olive Oil and season with salt and pepper and let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Cook vegetables over a hot grill, or roast in the oven until nicely charred.
- Chop all the vegetables into similar sizes and mix together with chopped parsley, garlic, and capers. Add Extra Virgin Olive Oil and lemon Juice, and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Chef’s note: “All the wonderful stuff that is growing in your garden comes together in this elegant appetizer. You can spread it on crostini, use it as a sandwich spread or serve as a dip.”