This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Recipe from The Cheesecake Factory
Crab and Artichoke Dip
- 1 slice white bread, minced
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 oz. sour cream
- 4 oz. mayonnaise
- 1/4 t. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 t. kosher salt
- 1/4 t. ground black pepper
- 1/4 t. Old Bay seasoning
- 6 oz. artichoke hearts, drained, cut into 3/4" pieces
- 1/2 lb. crab cake mix (personal choice)
- 1/4 lb. crab meat (lump or backfin)
- Place the minced bread and cream cheese into a mixing bowl. Pour the heavy cream into the bowl and over the other ingredients. Mix the ingredients together.
- Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and Old Bay seasoning into the mixing bowl. Stir the ingredients together until evenly combined.
- Add the artichoke hearts, crab cake mix and crab meat into the bowl. Gently "fold" into the other ingredients being careful not to break up the large lump pieces of crab.
- Brush sourdough baguette pieces (sliced 1/2" thick) evenly on both sides with olive oil. Place the bread onto a flat grill or into a pan set over medium heat and cook until the slices have become crispy and lightly golden.
- Heat crab and artichoke dip in saute pan set over medium heat, stirring frequently until it is warm throughout.
- Place the crab and artichoke dip into a small serving bowl.
- Place bowl of crab dip and grilled bread slices onto a serving platter.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley over crab dip and bread.