Stefanie Paganini shared not one, but two recipes perfect for summer. Using freshly picked blueberries , Stefanie showed Fox 8's Wayne Dawson how to turn the healthy fruit into a sweet palette pleasing soup that could be an appetizer or dessert.
Blueberry Prosecco Soup
- 3 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup Prosecco or champagne
- 2 tsp. fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
Mix together blueberries, sugar, salt, and lemon juice, mint. Let it rest in the refrigerator for a minimum of 25 minutes, can be done one day in advance.
In a food processor, blend berry mixture with yogurt in a blender until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove any blueberry skins remaining. Add Prosecco and mix to incorporate.
Garnish soup with a mint leaf.
Stefanie also showed Fox 8's Kristi Capel how to combine melon and pasta to create a refreshing summer salad.
Prosciutto Melon Pasta Salad
- 4 cups cooked Gemelli pasta
- 1/8 cup minced scallions
- 3 cups fresh cantaloupe, diced
- 2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 cup Ciliegini sized fresh mozzarella
- 8 slices prosciutto slices
Preheat oven to 370°.
Place prosciutto slices separately on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake until crisp, approximately 10 minutes. Allow to cool. Break into strips
Toss ingredients together in a bowl with dressing.
- 1 Tablespoon fresh minced basil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves roasted garlic
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a food processor or blender, blend together dressing ingredients and adjust to taste. Toss with salad.
Click here to learn more about the classes offered at the Paganini School of Cooking.