BEDFORD, Ohio (WJW) — A public mural project is underway along Willis St. in downtown Bedford.
According to the Bedford Downtown Alliance, many people don’t know the historical significance of the Underground Railroad in Bedford.
The town was known for it’s strong anti-slavery sentiment — making Bedford a stop along the Underground Railroad.
FOX 8’s Kenny Crumpton got to witness as several artists came together to work on the mural.
For more information on the mural, click here.
*More headlines from FOX8.com here:
- U.S. Surgeon General takes part in roundtable at University Hospitals to discuss coronavirus pandemic
- More rain expected Friday morning, sunshine returns for Halloween
- Lake County sheriff warns residents to be on alert after series of armed carjackings
- City of Cleveland notified of 41 new cases of COVID-19, one additional death
- Woman in labor refuses hospital until husband drives her to polling place first