BRUNSWICK, Ohio - Melanie Wurm is the bakery manager at Mapleside Farms in Brunswick. She has an arsenal of delicious pumpkin recipes for this time of year and shared one of her favorites with Fox 8's Stefanie Schaefer.
Click here to learn more about Mapleside Farms.
Caramel Pecan Pumpkin Pie
- 1 pie shell (10” deep dish)
- 2 tbsp caramel
- 2 cups of pumpkin
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp dry ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbs heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-4 tbs caramel
- 1 cup of pecans + 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drizzle the 2 Tbsp. of caramel over the pie crust.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Add pumpkin and dry spices, beat until blended.
- Beat in eggs, heavy whipping cream and vanilla until incorporated.
- Pour filling into pie shell.
- Mix the pecans in maple syrup and set aside.
- Bake pie for 20 minutes
- Spread maple coated pecans on top of pie, evenly then bake for another 30-35 minutes (the pie will seem a little jiggly in the middle but set at edge).
- Cool pie to room temperature
- Add remaining caramel.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
**Notes – Be sure to scrape sides of mixing bowl in each step assuring a good mixture.**