Recipe from Chef Ruth Levine, Owner of Bistro 185
- 1 cup Hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 scallions minced
- 1 tsp. tabasco sauce or sriracha sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. black bean chili sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peeled ginger
- 3/4 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Combine all ingredients - you can also put all the ingredients in a blender .
- Trim short rib meat on any excess fat.
- Slice down into 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Marinate for several hours or overnight.
- Get grill hot.
- Grill meat to rare or medium rare
- Baste with leftover marinade.
Serving suggestions from Chef Levine: "I would serve this with a rice salad, grilled vegetables or a sesame noodle salad."