CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Looking for a great brunch recipe that will have your guests asking for second helpings? The Cheesecake Factory shared their recipe for Lemon-Ricotta Pancakes and Fox 8's Stefani Schaefer gives the dish a big thumbs up.
Click here to learn more about area Cheesecake Factory locations.
RECIPE: Lemon-Ricotta Pancakes
- 1 ¾ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbl. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 ½ cups Buttermilk
- 2 ea. Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Tbls. Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups Fresh Ricotta Cheese
- 4 Tbls. Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbls. Lemon Zest (minced)
- 2 ½ tsps. Vegetable Oil
- Place the flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing blow. Stir all of the ingredients together until evenly combined. Set aside.
- Pour the buttermilk into another mixing bowl. Add the eggs, vanilla and oil into the bowl.
- Add the ricotta cheese, sugar and lemon zest into the bowl with the buttermilk. Using a wire whisk, gently stir the ingredients together until evenly combined.
- Add the flour mix into the bowl with the buttermilk and the ricotta cheese. Continue to fold the ingredients together until evenly combined with a few small lumps remaining in the batter. Do not over mix the batter.
- Heat ¼ tsp. of vegetable oil on a griddle or in a large non-stick pan. Using a 4 oz. ladle, pour the batter onto the griddle or into the non-stick pan, forming one pancake that is 6” in diameter.
- Cook the pancakes for approximately 2 ½ minutes or until the edges begin to dry and puff up with little air bubbles appearing over the top surface of the pancakes.
- Flip each pancake over and continue to cook for another 1 ½ minutes or until done.
- Bon Appétit
Serving size: 8 pancakes