Chef Robin Blair spent much of last winter traveling with the U.S. Ski Team in Europe and she shared one of the athletes favorite recipes with Fox 8's Kristi Capel.
Robin is a classically trained chef and she is passionate about teaching people how to make 'soul food'. Robin says her definition of soul food is food that tastes good, feels good and does good tings for the body.
Click here to learn more about Chef Robin Blair and her company Cooking With Care Unlimited.
Chocolate Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons milk (or buttermilk)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces dark chocolate - chopped with a knife
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter. Beat the egg slightly, and vanillia and mix into the creamed mixture with the bananas. Mix in sifted ingredients until just combined. Stir in milk. Fold in the chocolate gently. Spread batter into one greased and floured 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees until top is brown and cracks along the top.