Asparagus Pancetta Frittata
Recipe from Stefanie Paganini of the Loretta Paganini School of Cooking
1 cup asparagus, chopped
½ cup red, green and yellow peppers, diced
½ cup pancetta (Italian bacon) diced
½ cup fresh baby spinach, chiffonade
¼ cup sweet peas
3 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon minced fresh sage (or use 2 teaspoons of dried sage)
2 Tablespoons blended oil (half olive oil, half vegetable oil)
7 whole large eggs
¼ Cup of heavy cream
¼ cup shredded mozzarella or provolone
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Italian parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of blended oil in a large oven safe skillet.
- Add pancetta to skillet, sauté until cooked
- Add vegetables to skillet, cook until vegetables are just tender. Add sage.
- In a mixing bowl whisk eggs, cream, cheeses and pepper together.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet. Incorporate ingredients so egg mixture surrounds vegetables. Cook until sides are firm and slightly golden.
- Place skillet in oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes until firm in center and rich golden brown in edges. Be careful when removing skillet from oven as handle is hot!
- Transfer to serving dish and serve warm garnished with fresh Italian parsley.