Party of 5! Local Teacher Welcomes Quints

My Town

(courtesy Brunswick Beat)

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

By Allison Rhoades, Brunswick BEAT Reporter

MEDINA, Ohio-The ‘Alferio 5’ have arrived! Mrs. Leann Alferio gave birth to the 5 babies on Sunday, October 7th. The babies’ names are Giovanni, Brooklynn, Jade, Kensley, and Leighton.

The diaper drive to collect diapers for the Alferio babies has ended. The drive raised 12,751 diapers in all. Brunswick Memorial Elementary School collected the most diapers, numbering 2,170.

“I would like to thank the contact person from each building,” Mrs. Kathy Rhoads, the director of the diaper drive says. “They were willing to collect all of the diapers from the school until we were able to pick them up. I would also like to thank everyone who donated to the diaper drive.”

The diaper drive was short of their goal of 50,000 diapers. Mrs. Rhoads says that since they are short of their goal, she is going to contact local businesses and diaper companies to see if they would be willing to donate.

“The Alferio 5 is already here! If anyone would still like to donate, they can drop the donations off at any school building or contact me at krhoads@bcsoh.org and I will arrange for pick-up.”

To follow the Alferio’s story from the beginning, check out their website here.

Allison Rhoades, an eighth-grader at Willetts Middle School, is one of over thirty “backpack journalists” in the award-winning Brunswick Schools Video Program. The Program is sponsored by RPM, Plum Creek Assisted Living Community, Medina Hospital and Lorain County Community College/University of Akron at Midpoint Campus. Click here to check out the program.