My Town: Working Dog Weekend

My Town

© Copyright J.DELL Photography 2008-2010 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Become a fan of J.DELL Photography!!! Visit my fan page at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/JDELL-Photography/375883730038?ref=mf

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KIRTLAND, Ohio – Celebrate your courageous canine friends during Working Dog Weekend at Lake Metroparks Farmpark, June 9 and 10 from 10:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. both days.  Farmpark is located at 8800 Euclid Chardon Road in Kirtland.

Watch dogs play and show off their skills and you can even get in on the action with  “Work like a Dog, Play like a Dog.”  You experience the world as a dog by participating in activities like herding sheep, guiding the blind, pulling a cart or sled, and solving a mystery with Ranger Donaldson and his K-9 partner Carly using only your nose.

Other guests and demonstrations throughout the weekend include:

• Chagrin Valley Hunt Club
  • Canine Freestyle Federation
  • Great Dane Club of Cleveland
  • Ohio Search & Rescue
  • Field & water skills
  • Horse & hound relay
  • Parade of breeds
  • Police K-9 units
  • Sheepherding
  • Sled dogs
  • Obedience & agility
  • Rescue groups
  • Service dogs
  • Pony rides ($4)

Admission to Working Dog Weekend is $6 for ages 12 to 59; $5 for ages 60 and older; $4 for ages 2 to 11; and children younger than two are admitted for FREE.  For more information about Working Dog Weekend, visit lakemetroparks.com or call 440-256-2122 or 800-366-FARM (3276). All Farmpark daily activities are included with admission to Working Dog Weekend.

Around the Buckeye State

More Ohio News