CLEVELAND — A local university is hosting its inaugural TEDx speaker series.
Cleveland State University is hosting TEDxClevelandStateUniversity on Friday, October 24 at the Waetjen Auditorium.
This year’s featured speakers will focus on four stages of creativity: Preparation, Incubation, Illumination and Verification. The 13 speakers were chosen from more than 100 proposals submitted in May.
The 2014 speaker lineup includes the following speakers and topics:
- Jackie Acho, President, The Acho Group: Empathy and vulnerability as a management tool
- Jesse Bach, Founder/Executive Director, The Imagine Foundation: Ending human trafficking
- Lynn Deering and Eric Ziolek, Professors of Dance and Music, Cleveland State University: How creative ideas become reality
- James Free, Director, NASA Glenn: Expanding the reach of human and robotic exploration
- Halim Ina, Photographer: Using photography to support women’s education in India
- Basheer Jones, Speaker, Poet and Author: Change the world one young person at a time
- Tracey Lind, Dean of Trinity Cathedral: Discovering the inner voice of holy wisdom at McDonald’s
- Michelle Medina, Vice Chair, Community Pediatrics, Cleveland Clinic: How populations can be menaced by diseases no longer thought to be a danger
- Helen Qin, Co-Owner, Mason’s Creamery: You are more than what you do for work
- Jake Solomon, Stand-up Comedian: The path to a clear complexion and stand-up comedy
- Jan Thrope, Founder, Inner Visions of Cleveland: Inner Visions – Reversing the downward spiral of poverty
- Mark Zust, Perceptionist: The neuroscience of magic
TEDxClevelandStateUniversity tickets go on sale Friday, September 12, at 10 a.m. General admission is $50 per person at the Wolstein Center Box Office or by clicking here. Student tickets are available for $30 with an official CSU student ID.
For more information about TEDxClevelandStateUniversity, click here.