My Town: Ribbon Cutting for New “Green” Giant Eagle

My Town

(FOX 8 photo)

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BROADVIEW HEIGHTS, Ohio — Giant Eagle’s new supermarket on North Royalton Road in Broadview Heights will officially open for business on Thursday with a ribbon cutting ceremony.

The massive 83,000 square foot store, located just off I-77, brings what the company is describing as a, “state of the art shopping experience.”

The store also has several environmentally-friendly features, including a solar roof.

The new store will offer a wide variety of prepared and fresh foods as well as health, beauty and wellness items. The prepared dishes including a sub shop and pizza station, grab-n-go meals and side dishes.

According to Giant Eagle Senior Director of Corporate Communications Rob Borella, one of the store’s more prominent environmentally friendly features is the solar roof.

The store’s vestibule will feature an area that allows customers to see the energy savings and system output of the roof, which makes use of a tubular solar array and skylights to help offset the store’s need for electric power.

The ribbon cutting will take place at 9:00 a.m. and special events will continue at the store throughout the following weeks. Radio remotes and family entertainment including musicians, face painters, stilt walkers, clowns and jugglers, food samples and health and beauty consultations are all planned.

The new location will be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Around the Buckeye State

More Ohio News