BURTON, Ohio – The 2012 Ohio Chautauqua will take place Tuesday, July 3 through Saturday, July 7 at the Century Village Museum, 14653 East Park Street in Burton. The theme of this year’s traveling tent festival is “When Ohio was the Western Frontier.”
Admission to the festival is FREE and features family entertainment and cultural programming. There will be music, art and live history performances.
Humanities scholars will dress in costume and become historical figures:
- Johnny Appleseed, pioneer naturalist
- Chief John Logan, Iroquois leader
- Margaret Blennerhassett, frontier aristocrat
- York, a Lewis and Clark Expedition member
- Oliver Hazard Perry, hero of the Battle of Lake Erie
Live old-time and folk music will precede each evening’s performances. Geauga County is one of only five sites throughout the state chosen for the privilege of hosting the 2012 Ohio Chautauqua.
For more information and a schedule of Ohio Chautauqua events, visit www.ohchautauquageauga.com.