My Town: Local Earth Day Celebration in New Location

My Town
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CLEVELAND — EarthFest will be celebrated in a brand new location for this year’s festivities.

The Earth Day Coalition for EarthFest 2013 will be held in the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds on Sunday, April 21 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

The 2013 festival will feature more than 200 exhibits and eight sustainability areas, along with entertainment, an exotic petting zoo, the NASA village and other attractions. New to this year’s festival are Ohio’s first biodiesel powered amusement park rides, and the opportunity to adopt animals from Greyhound Adoption of Ohio, Lighthouse Boxer Rescue and the Animals’ Disaster Team.

The Earth Day Coalition has been celebrating EarthFest in Ohio since 1990. The celebration is Ohio’s largest environmental education event and the longest running Earth Day celebration in the U.S.

Admission is $5 for ages 12 and over, and $3 for kids 2 to 12. Kids under 2 get free admission, as well as everyone who rides their bike to the fair and parks it at the Bagley Road Fairgrounds entrance. Teachers with a school I.D., along with their families, and those arriving by RTA Red Line and the free EarthFest Shuttle will also receive free admission.

For more information about the fair, click here

Around the Buckeye State

More Ohio News

Stay informed: Download the FOX 8 App