LORAIN, Ohio (WJW) — A special “library” made its debut at Lorain’s Lakeview Park Wednesday morning.
The “Little Library on the Lake” is now available to use for the rest of the summer.
The library is a joint project between the Lorain County Metroparks and Lorain Public Library system. However, instead of housing books, it will provide citizens with an assortment of games and activities for all ages.
This includes bocce ball, badminton, jump rope, obstacle courses and much more.
The refurbished, 20-foot cargo container housing the library now includes a sliding entry door, wood floor and skylights made from old boat hatches. The outside was painted by local artist Rob Musser.
The Little Library on the Lake is open Tuesday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. until August 30. It will reopen again next spring.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Ohio coronavirus numbers: 883 new cases, 4 new deaths reported
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand as a new week begins
- Ohio accepts plan for $300 in federal unemployment aid
- Lebanese PM steps down in wake of Beirut explosion, protests
- Trump denies suggesting his face should be added to Mount Rushmore, but adds ‘it sounds like a good idea to me!’