CANTON, Ohio (WJW) — Shoppers of the Canton vintage boutique Charlotte and Main (4201 Hills and Dales Road Northwest) are welcomed into the store with a display of 1,000 origami cranes.
Owner Lon Elsass started folding the cranes during the coronavirus shutdown back in March.
The legend says, “He who fold 1,000 origami cranes will be granted one wish.”
Elsass’ wish is that all frontline workers and first responders remain safe and energized through this pandemic and that we all spread kindness during these difficult times.
He finished the project back in July, but the 1,000 Cranes of Hope display remains up for all to enjoy.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Ohio coronavirus numbers: 2,607 new cases reported
- Browns star, league sack leader Garrett not practicing after ankle injury
- Photos: See the Halloween display so realistic police have been called twice
- It’s a hoax: Facebook post offers free Chick-fil-A gift basket
- Woman found dead in car in Plain Township