MILLERSBURG, Ohio (WJW) - Skyview Ranch Christian Camp is recovering from a fire that happened over the weekend.
According to the camp, a fire destroyed their welcome center, dining hall, kitchen and office spaces early Sunday morning.
Holmes Fire District #1 Chief Scott Balder says the fire appears to be accidental and began near the building’s kitchen and fireplace. Thirty firefighters from a total of five departments responded. It took about an hour and a half to bring the fire under control.
The camp’s director of operations, Gary Adams, says the losses are estimated at $1.5 million.