How you can help the four-foots: 5th Annual Dick Goddard APL Telethon taking place today
CLEVELAND – Today’s the day! The 5th Annual Dick Goddard APL Telethon is officially underway.
The telethon runs until 7 p.m. and will raise money to help the nearly 14,000 animals that the Cleveland Animal Protective League cares for every year. The event is sponsored by Embrace Pet Insurance.
The Cleveland APL does not receive any funding from tax dollars. Their budget is over $6 million a year and nearly all funding comes from donations.
The shelter also provides spay and neutering services, and advanced surgeries. None of it would be possible without the public’s help.
Legendary FOX 8 meteorologist Dick Goddard began hosting the telethon in 2015 and it continues to grow each year. Mr. Goddard will be in attendance at the telethon today around 6 p.m.
You can make donations by phone at (216) 566-PETS (7387) and (866) 392-PETS (7387) or online to benefit the Cleveland APL.
Here’s a breakdown of how your donation will help:
- $25 will provide heartworm tests for 5 dogs
- $50 will provide cat litter and litter trays for 1 day, heartworm tests for 10 dogs and heat in the winter months for 1 day
- $75 will feed small cats and dogs for approximately 13 days, provide parvo testing for 5 dogs and flea treatment for 1 day
- $100 will feed all shelter animals for 1 day, provide 1 day of cleaning supplies and heartworm tests for dogs 20 dogs
- $150 will transfer 1 dog from an under-served shelter into our life-saving adoption program, provide parvo testing for 10 dogs and flea treatment for 2 days
- $200 will provide electricity to the shelter for 1 day, 1 in-house specialty surgery and needles/syringes for 5 days
- $250 will provide dental cleanings for 5 dogs or cats and treat 1 dog for heartworm disease
- $500 will feed all shelter animals for approximately 5 days, will operate the shelter for approximately 1 hour
- $750 will feed all shelter animals for 7 days, will transfer 5 dogs from under-served shelters into our life-saving adoption program, will provide heat in the winter months for 30 days
- $1,000 will provide spay/neuter surgeries for our shelter animals for approximately 2 days, operate the shelter for approximately 2 hours
- $1,500 will provide spay/neuter surgeries for all animals for 3 days, cat litter and litter trays for 1 month and feed all shelter animals for 15 days
- $2,500 will sponsor the humane investigation team for 4 days, provide spay/neuter surgeries for 1 week and flea treatment for 1 month
- $5,000 pays for spay/neuter surgeries for all animals for 2 weeks, covers the cost of operating the shelter for ½ day, keeps the lights on, heat or AC on for 20 days
- $10,000 will operate the shelter for 1 day, spay/neuter surgeries for all animals for 1 month, provide all medical supplies + diagnostic testing for 10 days
Last year our viewers helped to raise more than $141,000 for the four-foots at the Dick Goddard APL Telethon. We hope you join us in helping them again this year.