CLEVELAND, Oh -- Quinoa energy bites is a recipe that is easy, delicious and nutritious! Dietitian Meghan Sedevy from Fresh Thyme Farmers Market shared one of her favorite allergy friendly recipes with Fox 8's Kristi Capel. The month of May is Allergy Awareness Month and Meghan also suggested recipe swaps to help make recipes allergy friendly.
Click here to learn more about Fresh Thyme Farmers Market and see additional recipes.
Quinoa Crunch Energy Bites
- Prep: 30 mins
- Servings: 20
- 1 cup Fresh Thyme crispy quinoa
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup Fresh Thyme sunflower butter
- 1/2 cup Fresh Thyme honey, plus more as needed
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme golden flaxseed meal
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/3 cup Fresh Thyme dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Fresh Thyme roasted, salted pumpkin seeds
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Each serving contains: 184 calories, 11 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 11 g sugar, 5 g protein. Daily values: 0% vitamin A, 0% vitamin C, 5% calcium, 9% iron
These bars get a light crunch from crispy quinoa, which is quinoa that has been popped like popcorn!
- In a food processor, combine the crispy quinoa, oats, almond butter, honey, flaxseed meal, and chia seeds. Pulse until mixture is no longer crumbly and begins to stick together. Add more honey, as needed, to bring mixture together. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Stir in dried cranberries, chocolate chips, and pumpkin seeds.
- Spray hands with cooking spray. Shape mixture into 1 1/4-inch balls. Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving. Store in covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.