Severe Thunderstorm Warning

Canton police investigating after four students became ill from eating chocolate

CANTON-Canton police are investigating after four students from Lehman Middle School became ill Wednesday from eating chocolate.

Authorities were called to the school just before 10 a.m. after the students became sick from eating chocolate chips brought to school by a classmate. They were taken to a local hospital to be evaluated and treated for their symptoms.

It is unknown what substance in the chocolate chips caused the students to become ill.

Police say the matter remains under investigation.

Google Map for coordinates 40.812582 by -81.403675.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.