Two teens electrocuted while trying to rescue dog in California

DIXON, California – Two teenage boys died Monday after they were electrocuted while trying to rescue a dog.

According to FOX 40, the boys walked into a canal in Dixon to save the dog.

The Solano County Sheriff’s Office says one of the boys touched a gate, which caused an electric current to travel through the water.

The boys were found in a field.

They died at the hospital.

The sheriff’s office says the dog survived.

Google Map for coordinates 38.445464 by -121.823296.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.