It turns out you are what you eat ... so which diet is the healthiest? It's the Mediterranean Diet! Cleveland Clinic Dietitian, Lindsay Malone, whips up a healthy salmon recipe.
Salmon with Spinach & White Beans
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) fresh spinach
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat broiler. Rub fillets with 2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle with seafood seasoning. Place on a greased rack of a broiler pan. Broil 5-6 in. from heat 6-8 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 15-30 seconds or until fragrant. Add beans, salt and pepper, stirring to coat beans with garlic oil. Stir in spinach until wilted. Serve salmon with spinach mixture and lemon wedges.
1 fillet with 1/2 cup spinach mixture : 317 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 577mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.