Crews investigate after two people exposed to carbon monoxide at Cleveland pizza shop

(WJW Photo)

CLEVELAND — Crews were called to a pizza shop in Cleveland’s east side for possible carbon monoxide exposure Thursday night.

Cleveland fire said the incident occurred in the 10500 block of Superior Avenue.

The business was reportedly running portable gas powered generators inside the store for electricity.

EMS transported two people to University Hospitals for carbon monoxide exposure.  Their conditions are currently unknown.

Cleveland fire officials say they have ventilated the building and are removing the carbon monoxide.

This is a developing story.  FOX 8 will provide more information as it becomes available.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.