Euclid house fire caused by unattended cooking leaves $80K in damages

EUCLID, Ohio - Euclid firefighters battled flames at a home on Alberton Road Sunday morning.

The fire broke out at 7:38 a.m.

When crews arrived around 7:45 they discovered the fire had started in the kitchen and spread to the roof.

Firefighters had to fight the blaze from inside the home.

There was one person in the home when the fire broke out. They were able to make it out safely and no injuries were reported.

The Red Cross is assisting the residents of the home.

Fire crews say despite efforts to confine the fire, there was extensive damage to the home with an estimated loss of $80,000.

Crews say the fire was caused by unattended cooking and remind residents to never leave cooking food unattended and maintain working smoke detectors.

Google Map for coordinates 41.601655 by -81.513973.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.