CLEVELAND-- Communities throughout Northeast Ohio are closing buildings and canceling services Wednesday and Thursday with winds of 25 to 35 degrees below zero.
Government offices and courts:
- Akron Municipal Court closed Wednesday and Thursday. Those with scheduled appearances and hearings on those days should report either Friday or Monday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. The Clerk of Courts Office's Civil Division will be closed both days, but Criminal/Traffic Division will remain open. Those will questions should call 330-375-2120 and press 1.
- Ashtabula Municipal Court closed Wednesday and Thursday. All hearings rescheduled for next available date.
- Cleveland Municipal Court postpones cases for Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday's criminal cases are rescheduled to Feb. 27 and Thursday's for Feb. 28. Civil cases will receive a new notice via the USPS.
- Congresswoman Marcia Fudge's district office closed Wednesday for inclement weather.
- Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas (General, Juvenile, Probate, Domestic Relations), the Cleveland Municipal Court, Cleveland Municipal Housing Court, and the 8th District Court of Appeals will be operating with essential personnel only. All hearings scheduled for Wednesday, including probation reporting, will be rescheduled. Arraignments will be held, but only for those already in custody.
- Cuyahoga County Health and Human Service divisions including Senior & Adult Services, Children & Family Services, Job and Family Services, and the Office of Child Support Services staffed with essential personnel only on Wednesday. Anyone with appointments will be contacted to reschedule.
- East Cleveland Municipal Court will close Wednesday
- Lorain County Common Pleas Court- General Division will be closed on Wednesday.
- Lorain County Community College -- all campuses closed Wednesday and Thursday.
- Lyndhurst Municipal Court closed Wednesday and Thursday. Those will scheduled appearances will receive a rescheduled date by mail.
- Medina County Juvenile and Probate Court closed on Wednesday.
- Portage County Administration Building closed on Wednesday and Thursday. The Annex Building, a portion of the Riddle Block, Water Resources Department, Dog Warden, Records Center and Solid Waste will also be closed.
- Social Security offices will be closed in Ohio on Wednesday; it affects the following cities: Akron, Akron West, Ashtabula, Bowling Green, Canton, Cleveland Northwest, Cleveland Southwest, Cleveland Buckeye Shaker, Cleveland Downtown, Cleveland East, Cleveland Northeast, Cleveland Southeast, Cleveland West, Defiance, East Liverpool, Findlay, Fremont, Lima, Lorain, Rain, Mansfield, Medina, New Philadelphia, Painesville, Ravenna, Sandusky, Steubenville, Toledo, Toledo West, Warren, Wooster, Youngstown.
- Stow Municipal Court closed Wednesday and Thursday. Defendants scheduled to appear for criminal or traffic arraignments should report Friday or Monday at 8:30 a.m. or 1 p.m. Community Control office also closed.
- Summit County Juvenile Court's programs, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Group, The Crossroads Program, Traffic Court and Victim Impact Panel, canceled for Wednesday and Thursday.
- Wadsworth Municipal Court closed on Wednesday. Will reopen Thursday at noon.
- Kiwanis Recreation Park, Latimore Street, Painesville, closed until Friday.
- Summit Metro Parks centers closed Wednesday and Thursday, including sled hills. All scheduled programs canceled.
- AIDS Taskforce of Greater Cleveland, including heath care center and pharmacy, closed on Wednesday.
- Meals on Wheels of Northeast Ohio: Stark and Wayne counties canceled for Wednesday and Thursday, Summit County rescheduled.
- St. Gabriel/Mentor Food Pantry closed Wednesday and Thursday.
- Some cities, including Cleveland and Strongsville, are postponing waste pickup. Please check with your municipality.
- Baldwin Wallace University canceled classes Wednesday through 4:30 p.m. Thursday. All campus services are operating and all employees report.
- Case Western Reserve University closed from 7 p.m. Tuesday to 7 p.m. Thursday because of extremely cold temperatures.
- Cleveland State University closed at 10 p.m. Tuesday and will resume normal business hours on Friday.
- Cuyahoga Community College closed Wednesday and Thursday.
- John Carroll University canceled all classes and activities on Wednesday. Only essential personnel should report.
- Kent State University closing all campuses on Wednesday. Essential personnel should check with supervisors.
- The Ohio State University in Columbus will close Tuesday at 11 p.m. through Thursday at 7 a.m. Wednesday classes/activities are CANCELED. Essential staff should report to work.
- Stark State College closing all locations on Wednesday.
- University of Akron closed Wednesday at all locations. Employees designated as essential should report to work at their normal hours.
- Walsh University will be closed on Wednesday with all classes canceled.
- Youngstown State University canceled classes for Wednesday. The university will remain open and non-essential employees are expected to report to work.
- Canton Palace Theatre closed on Wednesday.
- Cleveland Museum of Art closed Wednesday and plans to reopen Thursday at 10 a.m.
- Cleveland Museum of Natural History closed on Wednesday with plans to reopen on Thursday.
- Heinen's Grocery Store closing at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
- U.S. Bank has closed all NE Ohio branch locations Wednesday because of the dangerous temps.