CANTON, Ohio-- Ohio's first licensed medical cannabis dispensaries will open on Wednesday. Among them is The Botanist in Canton.
The state's medical marijuana program has been two years in the making. It will allow registered patients to get up to a 90-day supply.
The State Medical Board of Ohio said there will be limited amounts and types of products at first, and even warned of shortages during the early stages.
How to register:
- Visit a doctor who is certified to recommend medical marijuana. Find one here. All patients need a valid ID.
- Complete the emailed form for the Patient and Caregiver Registry and pay the $50 annual fee.
- Download the card. Printed or electronic versions are acceptable at dispensaries.
- The Botanist, 3840 Greentree Ave. NW, Canton
- The Botanist, 30133 Euclid Ave., Wickliffe
- The Forest Sandusky, 1651 Tiffin Ave., Sandusky
- Ohio Valley Natural Relief, 840 Canton Rd., Wintersville
- amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Alzheimer’s disease
- chronic traumatic encephalopathy
- Crohn’s disease
- epilepsy or another seizure disorder
- hepatitis C
- inflammatory bowel disease
- multiple sclerosis
- pain that is either chronic and severe or intractable
- Parkinson’s disease
- positive status for HIV
- post-traumatic stress disorder
- sickle cell anemia
- spinal cord disease or injury
- Tourette’s syndrome
- traumatic brain injury
- ulcerative colitis.
Products approved in Ohio:
- capsule, edible
- metered oil or solid preparation for vaporization
- topical ointments
- plant material for use in vaporizing devices.
Anyone with additional questions should call 1-833-4OH-MMCP.