Uniontown Fire Department issues warning after space heater catches home on fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

UNIONTOWN, Ohio – Uniontown fire wants to remind people about how to safely use a space heater.

Fire officials say a house fire in the 13500 block of Inverness Avenue NW that broke out Sunday afternoon was caused by a space heater.

Fire crews say a space heater plugged into an extension cord that was running under a couch caught fire.

Uniontown fire reports the fire quickly spread throughout the house.

No one was hurt in the fire.

Uniontown fire says crews from Greentown, Hartville, Suffield, Green, Springfield, Marlboro, Plain and Stark assisted.

They also posted a space heater safety video as a reminder.

Google Map for coordinates 40.986432 by -81.389236.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.