Cleveland home destroyed in fire started by burning candles

CLEVELAND, Ohio - Cleveland fire reports a Sunday morning house fire was started by burning candles.

Firefighters responded to a call in the 5500 block of Dolloff Road around 6:45 a.m.

When firefighters arrived, smoke and fire was coming out of the windows of the home, according to the commander on scene.

There were two adults in the home. They made it out safely.

The home is a total loss.

The Red Cross is assisting the people who lived in the home.

Cleveland fire says two dogs and a cat died in the fire.

Google Map for coordinates 41.499320 by -81.694361.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.