It may be cold outside, but you can warm your heart with some ice cream this holiday season.
Connie Cahill from Velvet Ice Cream stopped by the Fox 8 studios to share some delicious ice cream treats that are perfect for you and your guests.
Cinnamon Cider Sundae
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 Ohio apple, coarsely chopped
- 1 56 ounce container Velvet Cinnamon Ice Cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- Combine cornstarch, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Add cider and apples. Heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- Place a scoop of Velvet’s Cinnamon Ice Cream into a decorative dish. Top with warm apples and sprinkle with toasted nuts.
Peppermint Stick Trifle
- 1 56 ounce container Velvet Peppermint Stick Ice Cream
- 2 cups cut up baked brownies pieces, homemade or bakery
- I/2 container non-dairy whipped topping
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Warmed hot fudge sauce topping
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts, toasted
- Fresh mint leaves
- In a medium bowl, whip together the cream cheese and vanilla. Fold in the non-dairy whipped topping.
- In six to eight glass footed compotes, divide and layer the brownie pieces and cream cheese mixture.
- Top with Velvet Peppermint Stick Ice Cream, drizzle with warmed hot fudge sauce. Sprinkle the toasted nuts on top and place a mint leaf on the side for a garnish.
Triple Fudge Nut Sauce
- 1 12-ounce jar premium hot fudge sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped pecan
- 1/2 cup Macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Maraschino cherries
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a shallow baking pan, combine nutmeats. Toast the nuts, stirring at least once, for about 6-8 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine sauces and heat. Add trio of nuts; stir until combined. Serve warm over VELVET Ice Cream. Top with cherries and whipped cream.