Father of Ohio teen trapped in minivan pushing for changes
CINCINNATI — The father of the 16-year-old boy who died after being trapped in a minivan says he will keep pushing for changes and wants more answers about the failed response to his son’s calls for help.
Ron Plush has told Cincinnati officials that he listened to Kyle’s two 911 calls before coming to a City Council committee hearing Tuesday morning. He called doing so “very difficult.”
City officials offered answers to 33 questions he had posed after police presented results of their investigation earlier this month. Plush responded with more questions, such as why there wasn’t more urgency by police and call center workers to the April 10 calls.
He wants answers by the next committee meeting June 11, saying it’s imperative to make sure such a tragedy won’t happen again.