Man injured, dog killed in Painesville house fire

PAINESVILLE, Ohio-- A man was taken to the hospital following a house fire in Painesville.

It happened Thursday evening at a home on Bank Street, near Walnut Avenue.

Fire officials said one man was inside the house, but made it outside before crews arrived.

He was transported to a nearby hospital with burns then moved to MetroHealth Medical Center. His condition is not known at this time.

The family dog died in the blaze.

Flames also damaged a neighboring house.