CLEVELAND, Ohio -- As the kitchen manager at Luna Bakery and Cafe in Cleveland Heights, Lauren Shaffer knows a thing or two about baking.
She'll bring her know-how to the Veggie U 2017 Food & Wine Gala on Saturday, September 30th at the 925 Building in downtown Cleveland.
Guests will be treated to Shaffer's "Fall Angel Food Trifle." She shared the recipe ahead of the event during Monday's Fox 8 News in the Morning.
Lauren's Fall Angel Food Trifle
- 3 cups pecans
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup liquid (half water, half bourbon)
- Pinch salt
- Bring sugar, salt and liquid to a boil
- Add nuts, stir until crystalized
- Cube and toast angel food cake
- Layer with nut mixture, roasted fruit and caramel
- 1 cup heavy cream,
- 3 T. butter
- Combine cream and butter. Place pear pieces in Pyrex baking dish. Cover with cream and butter. Add spices.
- Bake at 350 degrees until liquid bubbles