CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Chef Glenn Lyman works with B. J.'s Wholesale Club to create delicious and unique recipes. Using apples and cranberries, Chef Lyman showed Fox 8's Wayne Dawson how to put a tasty twist on a Thanksgiving staple dish.
Click here to learn more about B. J.'s Wholesale Club and other tasty recipes.
HERBED APPLE AND CRANBERRY CORNBREAD STUFFING
Makes 8 Servings Hands-On Time: 20 Min. | Total Time: 1 Hr.
What You Need:
- 4 cups crumbled Mini Cornbread Loaves
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped Yellow onions
- ½ cup chopped Organic celery
- 1 cup peeled, cored and diced Organic Granny Smith apples
- ½ cup chopped Pecans
- ¾ cup Dried cranberries
- 1 tsp. Seasoned salt
- 1 tsp. Ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. Poultry seasoning (any brand)
- 2 cups Reduced-sodium organic chicken broth
- 2 Organic eggs, beaten
- Cooking spray
- Spread corn bread crumbs on baking pan and set aside overnight to dry.
- Preheat oven to 350.˚ Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery and sauté until tender, about 2 to 3 min.
- Stir in pecans, dried cranberries and seasoning. Sauté 1 min., then add chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat, add cornbread and beaten eggs and toss gently to combine. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake until center is completely heated through and top is lightly browned, about 30 to 35 min.
- Rest 10 minutes before serving. (The stuffing and the cook)