Crock pot 4 or 6 hours
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 poblano pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 1 – 28 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 – 28 oz can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 – 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 – 15 oz can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 – 15 oz can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 – 15 oz can pink beans drained and rinsed
- *you can use any beans you like
- 2 small cans of mild green chili peppers
- 3 tbs chili powder
- 1 tbs dry oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 C. water
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 C. frozen corn
- 3 tbs fresh cilantro copped
Heat olive oil in a sauté or frying pan over medium high heat.
Add onions and soften for 5 minutes.
Add garlic, poblano and jalapeno peppers and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add cooked onions, garlic and peppers to crock pot.
Add the remaining ingredients, *except the corn and cilantro.
Gently stir ingredients together. You don’t want to crush the beans.
Cover and cook on 4 or 6 hour setting.
Just before serving, stir in corn and let cook another 15 minutes.
Stir in cilantro and serve.
P.S. You can top this with cracked tortilla chips or if you eat dairy products, cheese and / or sour cream.