Pasta Alla Checca
This is a fresh sauce that requires no cooking.
- 1 ½ lb cherry tomatoes halved
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 tbs rough chopped parmesan
- ½ C. fresh basil
- 5 scallions, white and light parts chopped
- ½ C. olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- ½ lb fresh mozzarella 1/2 inch pieces
- Garnish with rough chopped fresh basil
Load first 8 ingredients into food processor or large blender. Pulse until smooth, but still chunky.
Boil angel hair according to package instructions. Save ½ C. of cooking water* and drain pasta. Toss with fresh mozzarella.
Top with sauce and garnish with basil and a little fresh cracked black pepper.
*If pasta is too dry, add a couple tbs of the cooking water and toss. You can always add more if you like.