www.surlatable.com (item David used to strip leaves off thyme)
- 1 C. fresh flat leaf parsley firmly packed
- ½ C. fresh cilantro firmly packed
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbs minced red onion
- 1 tbs fresh basil chopped
- 2 tsp fresh oregano chopped
- ½ C. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Add first 6 ingredients to food processor and pulse until everything is finely chopped. Do not pulse to mush! There should be a little texture.
Mix next 5 ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup.
Add to food processor and give it a couple pulses to mix everything together.
Pour into a cup or bowl and allow to rest an hour or so to blend flavors.
P.S. You can add a variety of flavors ranging from hot peppers, lemon zest, mint leaves or anything you want. Be creative and have fun!