Kid says he accidentally inhaled doggy toy, turning his laughs into squeaks

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

You definitely don’t see– or hear– this every day.  A video on Facebook, which has nearly 30-million views, appears to show a child who accidentally swallowed a dog toy.

In the video, a woman asks the boy,  “Where are you, Anthony?” He says, “In the emergency room.”  When she asks him why, he says, “I inhaled a doggy toy.”  She asks, “How can you tell?” He then proceeds to start squeaking.

TODAY talked to a doctor not related to this case, who said he suspects Anthony inhaled the small metal noise box, and not the toy itself, since that would block his airways.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.