Cedar-Planked Salmon with Honey Glaze
- 2 Cedar Grilling Planks
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp grated orange zest
- 1 tsp minced fresh thyme plus extra for garnish
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 (7-ounce) salmon fillets, skin on
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the planks in a pan, cover with water, and let soak for at least one hour and up to eight hours.
- Set the EGG for direct cooking at 400 degrees
- Whisk together the mustard, honey, balsamic vinegar, orange zest and 1 teaspoon thyme.
- Place the planks on the grid, close the lid of the EGG and preheat for 3 minutes. Open the lid and turn the planks over; brush with the olive oil and place 2 salmon fillets on each plank. Season with salt and pepper and brush generously with the honey glaze. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes for medium.
- Remove from the heat, garnish with thyme and serve immediately.
Citrus Herb Planked Shrimp
- 1 ½ pounds shrimp
- Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- Fresh parsley
- Soak plank under water for at least one hour.
- Heat grill to 350 degrees, add soaked plank to grill rack, close cover, heat 3 minutes and flip plank.
- Smoke add food to heated plank, close cover; cook until done, no turning or flipping necessary.
- Eat super-moist seafood, meats or vegetables with rich, all natural smoky flavor.