Kale and Fuji Apple Salad
Courtesy of: Ashley Young, Fire and Ash Catering
- 2 Fuji apples, core removed and sliced thin
- 1 Small red onion sliced thin
- 2 Bunches of kale de-stemmed and torn in bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup Golden Raisins
- 4 tsp Brown sugar
- 1/2 TB Whole grain mustard
- 1/2 TB Fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Olive oil canola oil blend
- 1/2 TB kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Make sure to give your produce a rinse before you begin.
In a large mixing bowl combine sliced red onion, apples, golden raisins and kale and store in the refrigerator. Next, in a mason jar, combine brown sugar, whole grain mustard, thyme, cider vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Place the lid on your mason jar making sure that it is secure and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds or until emulsified. Grab the mixing bowl from the fridge and add the vinaigrette. Toss with a pair of tongs or with your hands; making sure that hands are washed before you toss.
Allow the sale to marinate for 15 minutes. Before service give the kale salad another toss before plating.