STRASBURG, Ohio -- It's a mother's day tradition -- breakfast in bed for mom.
Chef Sherry Schie, chef and owner of Shy Cellars in Strasburg, stopped by the Fox 8 Studios to teach Wayne a delicious, yet simple, frittata recipe that is sure to impress any mom.
For more information on Shy Cellars, click here.
Mother's Day Frittata
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp. cream or milk
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp. onions, diced
- ½ c fresh spinach
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar or cheese of your choice
- 4 tbsp. butter or olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat 2 tbsp. butter or oil in 6 or 8 – inch nonstick oven-safe skillet over medium heat until hot. Add peppers, mushrooms, onions, and spinach to pan. Cook till onions are soft and all liquid has evaporated, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat eggs, cream, and thyme in a medium bowl until blended. Add remaining 2 tbsp. of butter or oil to the hot skillet with fillings and pour egg mixture evenly in pan. Top with cheese and continue cooking on stovetop over medium heat for approximately 5-6 minutes or until sides begin to set up. Transfer skillet to preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the eggs are set in the center. Do not overbake.
- Any 3 to 5 kinds of fresh fruit like; Strawberries, Bananas, Raspberries, Watermelon, Cherries, Oranges, Pineapple, Grapes, and Blueberries
- Press fruit onto wood kabob skewers. Serve and enjoy!