April 20, 2016
Hollywood & Dine
Switch up your typical lasagna with Eggplant Wraps! David showed us how to replace pasta sheets with grilled eggplant, and the results were delicious. Take a look at our video clips for more.
Brimfield Bread Oven
Now that you’ve got David’s Eggplant Wraps cooking, all you need is a fresh loaf of wood-fired bread! A husband and wife team recently opened up Brimfield Bread Oven and invited us in for a taste.
You can find them on Route 43 in Kent!
Cirque Du Soleil: Ovo
A brand new Cirque Du Soleil show is captivating audiences with beauty and action! With nearly 100 cast and crew members – do you ever wonder who feeds the group when they travel from city to city? We caught up with the Executive Touring Chef to find out.
Cirque Du Soleil: Ovo is at the Wolstein Center at Cleveland State University April 27th to May 1st.
Time Savers in the Kitchen
We’d all like to save a little time and money in the kitchen! Here with a few simple updates was Rick Davis from Today’s Kitchen store in Wooster.
Here are some of Rick’s favorite products:
- Pressure Cooker (saves time and energy use)
- Immersion Blender with attachments (saves time and more functional than hand mixer)
- Beater Blade for stand mixer (eliminates time and frustration)
- Garlic Twist (time saver for quick mincing and cleaning after)
- Dutch Oven (efficient with multiple uses: stove top, oven, table top for soups, stews, and bread)
- Box Grater (saves money: 4 different graters in one for vegetables, cheese, chocolate)
- Half Sheet Pan (saves money with multiple uses: baking cookies, roasting vegetables, toasting bread)
- Food Mill (efficient separation of fruits & vegetables from seeds & skins)
Local Brews Local Grooves
Up in the air about what to do this weekend? We’ve got your Saturday plans covered! Chris Lieb from Butcher and The Brewer joined us in studio to talk about two big events on East 4th Street this weekend:
First, head to Butcher & The Brewer for their “Stout it Out Loud” Stout and Oyster Festival. It’s happening Saturday, April 23rd from noon until 4pm. Guests can enjoy the release of Albino Stout and delicious preparations of oysters!
Then, walk down the street to the House of Blues to celebrate Local Brews Local Grooves! Guests can sample their way through 15 different local breweries and 2 local wineries while listening to 17 local bands and DJs!
Sanity Spring Style
The warmer weather is bringing out some hot spring styles! In fact, our friends at Sanity say there are three “must-wear” trends for the season. We headed to Chagrin Falls to check it out.
Advanced Spine Joint & Wellness Center: Weight Loss
Struggling to lose weight can be a frustrating experience but there may be an easier way! It’s all about customization. Troy Naftzger from Advanced Spine Joint & Wellness Center joined us in studio to discuss their Nutrition and Wellness Program.
Join one of their Weight Loss Seminars to learn more! They are every Monday and Wednesday at Rustic Hills Country Club. Times are 1pm and 6:30pm. The evening seminars include a free healthy dinner!