Courtesy of: Susan St. Aubyn-Zeyer
Spinach Con Queso Dip
- 2-3 Stalks of Celery, Chopped
- ½ C. Onion, Chopped
- 2-3 Green Onions, Chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp. Margarine
Combine the above ingredients in a sauce pan and sauté about 5 minutes, then add:
- 1 Package (box) of frozen, chopped Spinach, thawed and well squeezed
- ½ C. Tomatoes, Diced
Cook for about 4 – 5 minutes, then add:
- 1 Jar of Cheese and Salsa (medium)
- 1 Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup (no water added)
- 1 C. of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (or any white cheese)
- ½ Jar of Chunky, Hot Salsa
Stir well. Cook on low for 20 minutes, or put in crock pot on low.
Serve with Chips and Sour Cream
BBQ Bourbon Bites
- 4 C. Catsup
- 2 C. Cider Vinegar
- 1 C. Grape Jelly
- 1 C. Brown Sugar
Combine above ingredients in a large pot. Heat over low heat until jelly and brown sugar are melted, then add:
- 1 C. of Bourbon
- 5 Lb. of hot dogs or sausage, cut into bite sized pieces.
Hot sauce, red pepper flakes, ground red pepper, or any spice combination you prefer (optional)
Cook over low heat for 1 hour, or until sauce has thickened.
If cooking in a crockpot, let cook for at least 2 hours.