TREMONT, Ohio - Crews battled a kitchen fire at Michael Symon's Lolita restaurant in Tremont earlier Sunday afternoon.
According to Cleveland Fire, the fire started in the range hood above one of the stoves.
Michael Symon said in a Facebook post Sunday that they would be rebuilding:
thank you everyone for kind thoughts about Lolita fire...most importantly staff is safe & unharmed...damage to restaurant appears to be pretty significant but we will be back strong that I can promise you!
There is smoke and water damage on the first floor, according to a spokesperson for the Cleveland Fire Department. There will be a lot of repairs needed, but it is salvageable.
The second floor, where there are some offices, is completely ruined.
There are no employees injured, but one firefighter suffered minor injuries.
The cause of the fire was ruled accidental.
not looking great but we will see https://t.co/PDf59iuP6T
— michael symon (@chefsymon) January 10, 2016